MBA Talk #51: Financial modelling and the process of valuing firms
It is commonly known that financial modelling provides businesses with a clear understanding and essential information for forecasting and optimising financial performance. Meanwhile, valuing firms contributes to helping businesses recognize and understand their true value.
However, that is not the whole picture. These two concepts, financial modelling and firm valuation, offer much more to businesses. For a more in-depth discussion, PSO MBA students can participate in the MBA Talk #51 with the topic “Financial modelling and firm valuation”.
MBA Talk #51 is delighted to have the distinguished presence of Assoc. Prof. Dr. Doan Anh Tuan – ISB Lecturer as the moderator, along with the participation of two financial experts:
- Ms. Tran Thi Thien Tam – Senior Manager, Ernst & Young Global Limited
- Mr. Ngo Huy Loc – Director Of Finance And Accounting, CJ CheilJedang
At the event, speakers, lecturer, and PSO MBA students will discussions about the following factors:
- Financial modelling provides insight into a company’s financial health and potential future growth
- Firm valuation determines the fair value of a company’s stock or ownership interests
- Understanding financial modelling: Why is it so essential in the business world?
- Difficulties in valuing a business
Time: 09:00, Sunday, 28/05/2023
Attendee: PSO MBA students
Format: Offline at ISB International School of Business – 196 Tran Quang Khai, Tan Dinh Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
MBA Talk is a series of seminars with the participation of Professors from major and international universities and experts, leaders, and senior managers in various fields, coming from multinational companies, and large corporations both within and outside Vietnam.The guest speakers will discuss and share real-life business cases to provide in-depth knowledge, and practical experience, aligning with PSO’s philosophy (Problem Solving in Organization).